The Destiny Credit Card from First Electronic Bank is an attractive choice for those seeking to rebuild or establish credit. Our detailed review will outline its features, fees, and competitive offerings so that you can make an informed decision as to whether this card meets your needs or not. Our objective is to provide an in-depth analysis so that you can make an educated choice regarding which one might best meet them.
Destiny Card Overview
The Destiny Credit Card (Destiny Mastercard) is tailored for people with less-than-ideal credit who wish to build or rebuild their score over time while enjoying all of the advantages associated with Mastercard use. Regular reports to Experian, Equifax and TransUnion ensure this card can help users build or restore their score over time.
Destiny Credit Card Features
The Destiny Credit Card comes equipped with numerous features that make it an attractive option for those seeking to establish or rebuild their credit, including:
- Pre-qualification: The Destiny Card provides a pre-qualification process that won’t harm your credit score and allows you to check eligibility before applying.
- Credit limit: These cards typically offer modest credit limits of $300-$1000, which can help establish responsible financial habits.
- Regular credit reporting: The Destiny Card reports your payment history to each major credit bureau, helping you build or rebuild it gradually over time.
- Mastercard benefits: Mastercard-issued, the Destiny Credit Card offers benefits such as zero liability protection, extended warranty coverage and access to global customer assistance services.
Fees and APR
It’s essential to be aware of the fees and APR associated with the Destiny Credit Card:
- Annual fee: The card charges an annual fee ranging from $59 to $94, based on your creditworthiness.
- APR: The Destiny Credit Card typically features a variable APR that tends to be higher than average due to its target audience of those with lower credit scores. Before applying, be sure to visit their official Destiny Card website to review current rates and fees before making your decision.
- Additional fees: The Destiny Credit Card may impose fees for late payments, returned payments, cash advances and more – please review your cardholder agreement for specific fee details.
Pros and Cons of the Destiny Card
Before you apply for the Destiny Credit Card, it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons:
- Pre-qualification process
- Regular credit reporting to major bureaus
- Mastercard benefits and protections
- Annual fee
- No rewards program
- High APR
How to Apply for the Destiny Credit Card
Applying for the Destiny Credit Card is a straightforward process. First, visit the official Destiny Card website and Complete a pre-qualification form. If pre-approved, proceed to complete a full application form.
Managing Your Destiny Credit Card Account
Once you own the Destiny Credit Card, you can manage it online through the Destiny Card account management portal. Here you can check your balance, make payments and review transaction histories.
Comparison with Competitors
When considering the Destiny Credit Card, it’s essential to compare it to other credit-building cards on the market. Some popular alternatives include:
Different credit cards provide unique features, fees and rewards, therefore it is vital that you research them thoroughly in order to find one that best meets your needs and finances.
User Reviews and Feedback
Though the Destiny Credit Card has helped many individuals to build or rebuild their credit, it is essential to read user reviews and feedback in order to gain a fuller picture of its performance. Some common themes among reviews may include:
- Appreciation for the pre-qualification process
- Improved credit scores over time
- Concerns about the annual fee and high APR
Before making your decision on the Destiny Credit Card, it’s essential that you thoroughly evaluate its reviews and your personal financial situation before making your decision.
The Destiny Credit Card can be an ideal solution for individuals looking to establish or restore their credit score. Offering an easy application process, regular credit reporting and Mastercard benefits, the card can help users improve their score over time. Unfortunately, however, it comes with an annual fee and lacks rewards programs, therefore it may not suit every user. Carefully consider your needs and research other credit-building solutions before making your decision.
What credit score is needed for the Destiny Credit Card?
The Destiny Credit Card was specifically created for those with less-than-perfect credit and does not stipulate a specific minimum credit score requirement, however, those with lower scores often find more access.
Is the Destiny Credit Card a secured or unsecured card?
The Destiny Credit Card is an unsecured card, meaning there’s no security deposit requirement when applying.
Can I increase my credit limit with the Destiny Credit Card?
Yes, after demonstrating responsible use and making on-time payments. A credit limit increase may be granted.
How long does it take to receive the Destiny Credit Card after approval?
Once approved, your Destiny Credit Card should arrive within 7-10 business days.
Does the Destiny Credit Card offer a rewards program?
No rewards program exists currently with the Destiny Credit Card.
Are there any additional fees with the Destiny Credit Card?
Yes, the Destiny Credit Card may charge fees for late payments, returned payments, cash advances and cash advance transactions. It is essential to review your cardholder agreement to identify all potential fees.